FallFest is right around the corner—this Saturday, to be exact. Our long-running annual celebration of all things edible and potable takes place at Justin Herman Plaza from noon to four on the 11th. We're stoked for it. Here's why:
1. Insane amounts of food: Like, more food than you'll know what to do with. This year, look for deliciousness from hot spots like Barbacco, Gaspar Brasserie, Farmshop, Juhu Beach Club, M.Y. China, Presidio Social Club, and Ramen Bar. If nothing else, FallFest is an efficient way to eat around town.
2. Copious drink: Let's just focus on the wine, for a moment. More than two dozen wineries will be pouring generously on Saturday. Two dozen! That includes Dashe Cellars, Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards, and Vino Vargas. We recommend either pacing yourself or doing what we do and plan for a long nap after the party's over. Speaking of drinks...
3. Craft your own cocktails: Order a French 75 or the Old Fashioned—just the way you want at our DIY bar station manned by a crew of the city’s best mixologists!
4. BBQ grill off: Three teams will go head-to-head-to-head over their mastery of cooking meat over flames in a grill-off sponsored by Big Green Egg and Cole Hardware. Because nothing says summer like grilling, and there's no summer better than October in San Francisco.
5. It's all for a good cause: Proceeds help to support Meals on Wheels, which provides food and companionship to seniors in need. It's a (very) easy way to do good.